We Know Agriculture
AGCO Launches New Global Precision Farming Business Strategy
Welcome to the future of agricultural technology! AGCO’s Advanced Technology Solutions (ATS) department is dedicated to providing high-tech solutions for professional farmers feeding the world, and on July 9, 2013 ATS announced an important milestone in carrying out that vision.
Introducing FuseTM Technologies: a new global corporate initiative that encompasses all aspects of AGCO’s technology offerings. It will enable farmers to optimize their farms through current and future AGCO products and services. “These ideas of connectivity and deeper integration are at the core of Fuse Technologies,” said Matt Rushing, Vice President, Product Management, Advanced Technology Solutions (ATS) and EFG. A major focus of Fuse Technologies will be to ensure an “open” approach to technology integration in AGCO equipment. AGCO’s current technology offerings including AgCommandTM, VarioDocTM, Auto-Guide 3000TM, VarioGuideTM, and future generations of these as well as other core precision farming technologies will be added to the Fuse Technologies portfolio.
The Fuse Technology strategy aims to deliver on three key customer benefits that help farm operations run more efficiently:
- Always running… Optimized
To maximize productivity, growers need all their farm assets running at optimum efficiency. Fuse Technologies helps minimize downtime while improving the overall farm enterprise through wireless connectivity and diagnostic services. From machinery to grain storage solutions, Fuse can help anyone run a smarter, more profitable enterprise.
- Right place, Right time… Coordinated
Ensuring that equipment and resources know where they need to be, and how and when to be there, is critical to keeping an operation moving. Fuse Technologies provides connectivity tools that help growers manage and communicate with their equipment, mobile or stationary, making sure they are in the right place at the right time and working together – regardless of brand.
- Connecting the Crop Cycle… Seamlessly
Farming is a year-round business. From planting to growing to harvesting, Fuse Technologies provides seamless connectivity across a grower’s farm enterprise and throughout each step of the crop cycle. Keeping growers in constant contact with their AGCO dealer and the other trusted advisors that they rely on to help make the right decisions throughout the year.
Fuse will deliver on these benefits through five pillars that underscore the Fuse strategy:
- AGCO Brands: AGCO is a global provider of agriculture solutions through a unique offering of brands and products that deliver the AGCO vision of “High-tech Solutions for Professional Farmers Feeding the World.”
- On & Off Board Technologies: Seamlessly integrate all farm assets – resulting in higher yields, less input costs and greater profits.
- Support & Training: A new global customer call center and leading-edge product training means growers get the expertise and answers they need to run their operation more efficiently.
- Dealer Network: One of the world’s most extensive dealer networks gives growers global access and support – any time, any place.
- Service Providers: Connect with preferred service providers and enjoy the freedom and convenience to continue working with local business partners that growers trust.
Fuse represents a new day for AGCO; the company is more than doubling its resources in key areas that will lead to more new products and services in the precision agriculture category. This new initiative is a major global investment with an outstanding growth opportunity. Fuse is a promise to AGCO’s customers for a consolidated approach to precision farming technology that will help to transform their business through innovation, integration and enhanced optimization resulting in improved profits and yields.
The creation and launch of Fuse Technologies brings forth a connected strategy that encompasses and includes all technology products offered by AGCO across all brands and regions.
Click here to learn more about AGCO’s Precision Farming offering.